Last Updated: 29th June 2021
The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive is committed to safeguarding your privacy. If you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data please contact us at email@example.com
Collection of personal information
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you pre-register on the website for the next event
- When you register to drive and fundraise on our website
- Purchase of merchandise and products
- When you interact with us through our partners including Movember and have provided your consent for your contact details to be shared with us.
- When you provide a donation on our website all information is collected on behalf of Movember as they are the sole beneficiary and all donations are processed through the payment gateway facilitated by Movember.
Our purposes for processing personal data
The following sets out all of the purposes of the processing of personal data The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive undertakes, setting out how we process your personal data to achieve the purpose:
To keep you informed about The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive events, news and other associated activities
We will ask for your email address to provide this information to you. You will be required to ‘opt-in’ to receive these emails from us and can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘update email settings’ links at the bottom of emails, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide supporters driver profile to show fundraising activities you undertake along with money raised
- We provide our supporters with a personal profile page and also a Drive Dashboard, which enables users to add blogs, update images, collect donations and share their page.
- When you sign up to fundraise you will automatically receive daily updates on the amount raised and notified of any new donations made to you.
- If you wish to have your profile removed from any search engine results please email us at email@example.com and we will submit a deletion request or update it directly in 'My Account'.
To make a donation
- You have the option to make your donation anonymously should you choose to, so that the amount of your donation will be displayed on the participant or team’s profile but your name will not be displayed.
- If you purchase products or make a donation to a participant you may provide The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive with credit card details and other information which will allow The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive to process the transaction. Please note that The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive does not store credit card information.
- We can provide you with either a personal or business receipt when you make your donation. We will require an email address to provide this to you.
- All donations made on The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive website are facilitated through the payment gateway of Movember and processed with 3DS2 security. Some payments may require additional confirmation.
These are facilitated by the following payment gateway:
- Adyen - https://www.adyen.com/ for all donations made in EUR, GBP, USD, AUD, CAD, NZD
To purchase The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive products or merchandise
- We will require your contact details as well as payment details when you purchase The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive products or merchandise to ensure we are able to send your purchases to the correct address. We use WooCommerce, to process your orders and Stripe payments to process all transactions.
To advertise our work through digital ads
- We use Digital Agencies to advertise the work of The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive through digital ads which is achieved using email addresses and cookies (please see below for further information about cookies).
- If we send your details to Facebook for this purpose they will be hashed before they are sent, and Facebook only briefly uses the data for matching purposes then deletes it: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php
To provide our supporters with fundraising packs, fulfill orders and facilitate prizes
- We will require your postal address to provide you with a fundraising pack, fulfill orders purchased on the website or to help in ensuring eligible prize winners receive their items. We may also occasionally use your postal address to say thank you for your fundraising efforts.
Where you have agreed to receive The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive emails, The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive campaign.
This also extends to our partners Movember, whereby if you have agreed to receive Movember emails, Movember may use your personal information to send you email (including marketing emails) about Movember.
If you are a registered participant, The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive will automatically send you a transactional email whenever there is an update on your profile or confirmation of donations you have received.
Emails that are drive critical including postponement, safety information and also important information sent from local drive hosts are listed as critical sends and you can not unsubscribe from these.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers or other external third parties for analytics and data analysis, for outsourcing some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive, for storage and otherwise to enhance our Services. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Partners of The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive that may have access to your personal information to the extent required for them to complete prize delivery obligations, the fulfilment of products or to thank drivers in their respective teams include:
We may disclose your personal information to social media platforms including, without limitation, Facebook so that the social media platforms may send you advertisements about future The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive events and initiatives and for analytics purposes.
We will not sell your personal information to other parties.
Security & storage of your information:
The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information may be stored and maintained in a secure cloud-based environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. Some of these services are hosted by third parties located in Australia and the United States. However, as no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online.
Your rights in relation to personal information:
Your rights in relation to how organisations process your personal data have been significantly enhanced under the new General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The following sets out how The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive will ensure we meet all of these increased rights.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
You may request access to your personal information collected by The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within one calendar month of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
- The right to rectification
If you believe any of your personal information held by The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive will take reasonable steps to correct the information. You can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
- The right to erasure
Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, you can now request for your personal data processed and held by us to be erased unless there is another legal requirement for us to continue to process that data, in which case this will be explained to you in response to your request. You can request for us to erase your data either verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
- The right to restrict processing
Similar to your right to request the erasure of your personal data, you can request we restrict processing where you have issues with the content of the information we hold or with how we have processed your data. In these cases, we would only apply the restriction for a certain period of time while we consider your request for doing so. You can request us to restrict processing either verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one calendar month
- The right to data portability
Where technically feasible we will endeavour to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a format that can easily be transferred to another organisation. We will respond to your request within one calendar month. Please note this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to us using your data for marketing purposes or where the processing is based on legitimate interests.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive does not process any personal data for automated decision making or for profiling as defined by the Regulation.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your rights as above.
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com
Website Advertising and Analytics
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification which is used by organisations to learn how users are interacting with certain web content to help us improve our services and personalize your experience. Pixels use you online identifiers to do this along with an anonymised version of your social media site ID. We cannot see any personal data of individual users, but the collected data are saved and processed by social media sites.
You can amend your preferences or opt-out of website customised ads through Facebook below:
Our website uses Google Analytics who provide reports on website traffic data to help us understand usage and to ensure we continue to improve your experience when using our website.
You can amend your preferences or opt-out of Google Analytics here:
Links to other websites
The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
The IP Address (Internet Protocol Address) is a unique address that computing devices such as personal computers, tablets, and smartphones use to identify itself and communicate with other devices in the IP network.
The Distinguished Gentleman's Drive uses IP addresses to ensure our users are directed to use the right language, currency and the correct country when registering.
We also use web log information provided through the IP address to understand any issues users may experiences while using our website to ensure a seamless service for our users.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining the best location, language and currency for the user.
- For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the advert or internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
In addition, we use a third party service providers, to provide certain analytics services to us in connection with the operation of the website, including (without limitation) the collection and tracking of the data and information listed above. We may disclose visitor data, including personally identifiable information, to enable those third party service providers to provide such services. Such data may be sent to those third party service providers and their local overseas suppliers, where the standard of data protection may be lower than the country in which you reside.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our website then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of our website, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences